Monday 19 February 2007

Northwards

Just arrived in Chos Malal, a mining town in Neuquen Province, and am loading up on food and water for the days ahead. I´ve now cycled 3400km, making quite good distance on the paved roads.

The landscape has returned to the dusty pampas and being relatively flat and exposed, the wind has picked up again. I´m pretty practised now at battling through it - well sometimes! I´m also having to carry more weight, as the settlements are more sparse for buying food and most of the rivers are dry so I´m having to carry a couple days water supply with me - about 9 litres.

I´ll keep it short as I´m hoping to get back on the road for a few more kms this afternoon. I should be in Mendoza in a week, so I´ll let you know a bit more of the shenanigans I´ve been up to then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your making fantastic progress Ben. The photos are amazing. Run forest run!

Anonymous said...

Hey hey Paddeling Ben,

Im writting to you from Australia..you see Diego (his married to Ruth Watson, Emma's Aunty living in Uruguay) is my Uncle and when I was in Uruguay just a couple of months ago they were telling me about your wild trip and how Emma's going to met up with you in Peru at the end of it!! Thats excellent Ben!! Yeah, so it was just to tell you that you've got people in Australia thinking of you and cheering you on!
Love what you write in your blogs hey! THANKS, Natalie Frisch

Anonymous said...

looking good bj keep on pushing. you'll have legs of steel by the time you've finished! roar your a tiger !!!!!!!!!!!!!! hebson